What is BIQE PROduction
And what does it do
Why content cropping?
Do you recognize this?
Every time you scan a book without book cradle, you put books under the section that is thinnest, so that both the left and right pages are almost at the same height.
Even though you scan with a so-called book rocker, even then there will be a difference between the left and right pages due to the thickness of the book.
If you use the “regular” crop method, you draw a rectangle around the left page and the right page. But there is not the same amount of text on each page; some pages are even blank.
BIQE PROduction has a unique content cropping tool
How does this preprocessing tool work?
- Some pages need correction. Click on the filter (fig.5) and choose ‘Invalid’
- The warning triangle tells pages that need to be corrected (fig.6)
Figure 6: For 1 page, the crop frame (green rectangle) of the left page is inside the content frame (red rectangle). This is 100% the case on no other page.
- After correcting the content frame, select ‘recalculate’
- All pages are recalculated again with the corrected settings
- All crop frames are approved (fig.10)
The green left crop frame and the blue right crop frame are similar to each other. Although on some pages there is a photo or no text at all.
Even if you have a book of 1000 pages, you don’t have to check a single page for a wrong crop! (See fig.11: the result)
- You can start editing the split and cropped images in a Batch process
- You do this by making a Image profile with our 16 high-quality Image Filters (fig.12-15)
- Compare the original image (fig.16) vs
- The edited image with the BIQE filters (fig.17)
To get this amazing result, I used the Image Filters (fig.18) and I saved it in a workflow (Profile) for a next time, for similar books.
BIQE Content Cropping Tool
This is why our content cropping tool is unique:
- Is very user-friendly and pleasant to work with
- It will save you an enormous amount of time because you don’t have to check your images
- It gives you 100% assurance that no text has been cutoff due to an incorrect crop